Hey guys! I’m back on the blog with another fun recipe, and I’m sooooo excited to share this one with you!
Today we’re going to be making Barbie and Ken themed reverse avalanche slimes!
This is a new slime I created for one of my summer slimes to go in my store. You guys absolutely LOVED IT and it sold out within a few minutes and even though I’m going to be bringing this fabulous trio back into the store soon, I wanted to share the recipe with you guys who wanna try and create these lil guys yourself! The recipe uses both kinds of glue, so it might be a bit difficult to get your hands on them because of this weird glue shortage, but that’s honestly the hardest part about this slime DIY. Well, that and the fact that you have to wait 24 – 48 hours for your avalanche to actually form in the container! This recipe makes a little bit more than 18 oz of slime, so if you want smaller or bigger slimes, just adjust the measurements!
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
+ Two bowls big enough to make your slimes in
+ Spatulas or things to mix
+ One bottle of PVA white glue ( I love Elmer’s the best! )
+ One bottle of PVA clear glue
+ Bronze or gold glitter in a small flake ( I bought mine from Michael’s )
+ Pink & Blue gel food coloring ( For coloring the clear slime )
+ Pink & Blue acrylic paint ( To color the opaque slime )
+ Containers to hold your slimes
+1/3 teaspoon of borax ( You can use any type of activator if you can’t use borax, it’s just my favorite way to activate )
+ 1 cup of warm water
+ 4 oz ( A full glue bottle sized ) warm water for mixing into the white glue mix
+ 5 oz ( A full glue bottle sized ) warm water for mixing into the clear glue mix
1. Prep everything! Its a lot easier ( and cleaner! ) to make a slime when everything you need is measured out and all together in front of you.
2. Make the activator. To do this, combine 1 cup of warm water and 1/3 teaspoon of borax in a cup and stir until all the granules are dissolved. Set aside.
3. Make the white glue slime for the bottoms of the avalanches. To do this, pour the entire bottle of white glue into a bowl. Fill the empty bottle with warm water and shake. Add the water to the glue and stir until combined. Then add the activator teaspoon by teaspoon until the slime has come together into a soft slime consistency. Knead until the slime is no longer sticky. Separate your slime into two even blobs and color each one: one pink and one blue. Fill your Barbie and Ken slime containers 1/3 of the way full of this slime and set aside.
4. Make the clear glitter slime to top off the avalanches. This method is identical to making the white glue slime, just make sure to be very gentle when you’re stirring to keep as many air bubbles out of the slime as possible! Pour the entire bottle of clear glue into a bowl. Fill the empty bottle with warm water and shake. Add the water to the glue and stir until combined. Then add the activator teaspoon by teaspoon until the slime has come together into a soft slime consistency. Knead until the slime is no longer sticky. Separate your slime into two even blobs and color each one: one pink and one blue. Then add about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of your glitter to each blob and knead it in. Fill your Barbie and Ken slimes the rest of the way to the top.
5. Now we wait! Make sure you’re keeping your slimes in an airtight container while you wait for it to turn into an avalanche, it’s super important if you want to keep them nice 🙂 Once the slimes are sealed, it should take a day or two to see the two slimes mixing and becoming a reverse avalanche. Once you see the two colors flowing into each other, that means the slime is done and you can open it up and play with it! Have fun 🙂